7. Testlet 1
You are the system administrator for a company named Fabrikam, Inc. You maintain the server infrastructure for the company. Company headquarters is located in Toronto. The company has additional offices in Atlanta, Dallas, and Detroit.
There is a datacenter located at each office. The company has a single Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) forest that uses fabrikam.com as the namespace.
Each datacenter hosts a Microsoft Hyper-V cluster.
The clusters are configured as shown in the following table.
You plan to upgrade all clusters to Windows Server 2016 using cluster rolling upgrades if possible.
The software development teams work at the Atlanta office. The datacenter at the Atlanta office hosts all development servers and applications in a Hyper-V cluster infrastructure. Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) is not deployed.
The following servers are available in the Atlanta datacenter.
IT department employees work at the Detroit office. The datacenter at the Detroit office hosts test servers in a Hyper-V cluster infrastructure. The datacenter also hosts applications that the IT department is testing for future deployments.
The following servers are available in the Detroit datacenter:
The following servers are available in the Dallas datacenter:
Human resource department employees work at the Toronto office. The datacenter in the Toronto office hosts production servers and applications in a Hyper-V cluster infrastructure. SCVMM is not deployed. The Toronto datacenter also hosts Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) for the entire company.
You have the following servers available in the datacenter:
You identify the following requirements for the Atlanta datacenter:
– You must deploy an SCVMM instance to manage Atl-Cluster.
– The SCVMM deployment must use Distributed Key Management (DKM).
– You must install all applications that support the development server in the Atlanta datacenter.
– The virtual machines (VMs) in the datacenter that are connected to multiple networks must be isolated by using Private VLANs (PVLANs).
You identify the following requirements for the Detroit datacenter.
– You must create an SCVMM cluster named Det-VMM.
– SCVMM must be used to manage Det-Cluster.
– You must deploy Software Defined Networking (SDN) software load balancer (SLB) on Det-Cluster.
– All required server IP addresses are part of the range of IP addresses that are allocated for the Detroit datacenter.
– You must deploy a three-node SDN network controller in Det-Cluster.
– The SCVMM environment must support Generation 2 VMs.
You must manage devices at the Dallas office by using the SCVMM production environment. A high profile sales application that runs in the datacenter must run only on specific servers.
You identify the following requirements for the Toronto datacenter:
– You must deploy SCVMM. You must integrate SCVMM with the current WSUS environment.
– You must use shared ISO images with all VMs.
– You must grant the minimum permissions required for employees to complete job-related tasks.
– The SCVMM environment must manage Tor-Cluster and Dal-Cluster.
You need to ensure that the Hyper-V hosts meet the requirements for the sales department application.
Which three actions should you perform in sequence? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area.
NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.