9. Topic 2, Contoso, Ltd
This is a case study. Case studies are not timed separately. You can use as much exam time as you would like to complete each case. However, there may be additional case studies and sections on this exam. You must manage your time to ensure that you are able to complete all questions included on this exam in the time provided.
To answer the questions included in a case study, you will need to reference information that is provided in the case study. Case studies might contain exhibits and other resources that provide more information about the scenario that is described in the case study. Each question is independent of the other questions in this case study.
At the end of this case study, a review screen will appear. This screen allows you to review your answers and to make changes before you move to the next section of the exam. After you begin a new section, you cannot return to this section.
To start the case study
To display the first question in this case study, click the Next button. Use the buttons in the left pane to explore the content of the case study before you answer the questions. Clicking these buttons displays information such as business requirements, existing environment, and problem statements. When you are ready to answer a question, click the Question button to return to the question.
Operations for the company are managed very informally. Only a small number of long-term employees are aware of all manufacturing processes.
Accounting system and purchasing
- The company has a cloud-based ERP/accounting system and uses the General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable modules. The current system does not have any modules that handle shop floor or manufacturing planning functionality.
- Employee information is maintained only within the accounting system. Access to the information is strictly controlled due to privacy regulations and company policies.
- All purchasing of raw materials is performed based on bills of material (BOMs) generated by the engineering department when engineering prints are created.
- The corporate office uses Dynamics 365 Finance. The operations manager reports that Dynamics 365 Finance will not be implemented for the manufacturing plants for at least five years.
Manufacturing and planning
- The plant that Contoso, Ltd. acquires uses Microsoft Excel workbooks and Microsoft Word documents to track the sales pipeline, requests for quote responses, and work estimates. The documents are stored on shared network drives.
- Printed engineering drawings are sometimes accidently used across orders. This results in rework, cost over runs, and missed deliveries.
- The company uses Job Traveler documents to detail the operations that need to be performed and the materials needed for a given job number.
- Requests for quotes are currently stored in a Sales Log workbook.
The workbook includes the following information:
- Customer request number
- Customer name
- Estimated value of the sale
- Status of the Request for Quote (RFQ) with the values of Won, Lost, No Bid, and Cancelled
- Names of the sales manager, salesperson, and estimator
- Name of the product line
- Date the quote was sent to the customer
- Approximate start and finish dates of the project
- Date the order was received, if won
- Job number, which is assigned if won
- The company has a formal process in place for managing estimates. Some sales quotes lack required supporting documentation including estimates for labor and materials even though a formal process is in place. The company wants to incorporate the formal process as part of an app.
- Salespeople often do not set status of RFQs in the Sales Log to Won when a sale is closed and the customer purchase order is received.
- An accurate sales pipeline and win/loss information cannot currently be reported because the close probability field in the Sales Log is being set to 100% when a sale is closed and 0% when a sale is lost.
- Setting up a folder system on the network drive by a customer had not improved the hand-off of the current version of the sales quote to manufacturing.
You plan to create a solution that uses Microsoft Teams and Power Platform.
You must convert the Sales Log workbook to a Common Data Service database.
Each department will have a separate Teams channel. Employees must only be able to access the channel for their department. All employees and management will have read access to a general company channel. The Teams site must include the following channels:
- The Sales dashboard must reside in the Sales channel and must include information about active quotes, sales pipeline, and year-to-date sales KPIs for sales quotas by region.
- All Sales-related documents must be stored in folders in the files location for this channel. Document versioning will be enabled. You must store the 10 most recent versions of a document.
- A dashboard that shows a capacity Heat map by month as well as expected sales that are likely to close for the next month.
- A sortable listing of all in-process jobs from the Job Setup table, by customer, start date, and product.
- Printed paper drawings must no longer be used. The drawings must be stored in folders in the files location for the manufacturing channel.
You must create the following apps:
You must create a canvas app to track time for each employee on mobile devices.
The app must include the following:
- a Sign-in screen
- a screen to list the week’s time entries for the employee
- a screen to edit current time entries for the employee
The app must meet the following requirements:
- The app must store its data in the existing on-premises Microsoft SQL Server instance.
- Employees must only be able to access their own time tracking records from the app.
- Employees must record all time spent in the fabrication of each customer job.
- Employees must only be able to modify time records for the current and previous day.
- Employees must be able to scan their badges to check in and out of work. Each badge contains the employee name and a current picture.
- A QR code must be added to all employee badges. The code must include the employee’s number.
- Job Traveler documents must be printed as PDF documents and must include UPC E barcodes for the job number and task number. The barcodes will be used with the time tracking application.
The Sales app must meet the following requirements:
- Provide a central location for all sales pipeline and quote information that is easily accessible and maintains all of the versions of the estimate, quote, and engineering documents.
- Include a dashboard that shows all currently active quotes, their status in the sales cycle, the probability of closing, and estimated manufacturing and installation dates, by customer, product division, status, and salesperson.
- The Sales Log app must enforce process standards related to the completion of estimates and supporting materials needed during the sales lifecycle.
- Automatically perform the following actions immediately when a sale is won:
- Generate a sequential job number.
- Copy key sales information to the Job Setup entity used by manufacturing.
- If the sale is lost, the Status field must be set to Lost and the reason for the loss must be entered into a provided text field. The reason must be added to the end of the description field.
- Ensure that employees can easily update the Sales Log even if they are at a customer site.
Manufacturing and planning
The app must meet the following requirements:
- Provides features to plan and predict capacity resource requirements for current and upcoming orders in the pipeline.
- Replace paper timesheets and track check-in, check-out, breaks, and the time spent on each job task.
- Record time elapsed while performing work and for viewing of engineering drawings.
- The Job Setup entity must store its data in the existing on-premises SQL Server instance.
- Job Traveler documents must be generated as a PDF document and printed from the Job Setup entity.
- Uses report that the customer request number is difficult to interpret. They request that you change the number to a system generated sequential number.
- The operations manager reports that users often incorrectly sign in to the time tracking app. The operations manager asks that the time tracking app display the employee’s photo once they have scanned their badge.
- Users want to be able to see their weekly total time entered from all screens.
- Testers report that they can see time entries in the Time Tracker app, not just their own. Additionally, they can also edit any existing time entries.
You need to implement features for the solution.
Which Power Platform component should you use for each feature? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area. NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.