1. Topic 1, Fabrikam, Inc.
Fabrikam, Inc. is a distribution company that has 500 employees and 100 contractors.
The network contains an Active Directory forest named fabrikam.com. The forest is synced to Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). All the employees are assigned Microsoft 365 E3 licenses.
The domain contains a user account for an employee named User10.
All the employees have computers that run Windows 10 Enterprise. All the computers are installed without Volume License Keys. Windows 10 license keys are never issued.
All the employees register their computer to Azure AD when they first receive the computer.
User10 has a computer named Computer10. All the contractors have their own computer that runs Windows 10. None of the computers are joined to Azure AD.
Operational Procedures Fabrikam has the following operational procedures:
Updates are deployed by using Windows Update for Business.
When new contractors are hired, administrators must help the contactors configure the following settings on their computer:
- User certificates
- Browser security and proxy settings
- Wireless network connection settings
The following security policies are enforced on all the client computers in the domain:
- All the computers are encrypted by using BitLocker Drive Encryption (BitLocker). BitLocker recovery information is stored in Active Directory and Azure AD.
- The local Administrators group on each computer contains an enabled account named LocalAdmin.
- The LocalAdmin account is managed by using Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS).
Fabrikam identifies the following issues:
- Employees in the finance department use an application named Application1. Application1 frequently crashes due to a memory error. When Application1 crashes, an event is written to the application log and an administrator runs a script to delete the temporary files and restart the application.
- When employees attempt to connect to the network from their home computer, they often cannot establish a VPN connection because of misconfigured VPN settings.
- An employee has a computer named Computer11. Computer11 has a hardware failure that prevents the computer from connecting to the network.
- User10 reports that Computer10 is not activated.
Fabrikam identifies the following technical requirements for managing the client computers:
- Provide employees with a configuration file to configure their VPN connection.
- Use the minimum amount of administrative effort to implement the technical requirements.
- Identify which employees’ computers are noncompliant with the Windows Update baseline of the company.
- Ensure that the service desk uses Quick Assist to take remote control of an employee’s desktop during support calls.
- Automate the configuration of the contractors’ computers. The solution must provide a configuration file that the contractors can open from a Microsoft SharePoint site to apply the required configurations.
You need to implement a solution to configure the contractors’ computers.
What should you do? To answer, select the appropriate options in the answer area. NOTE: Each correct selection is worth one point.